Parental involvement is a combination of commitment and active participation on the part of parent to the school and to the student. As parents you can ensure that your child receives the benefits from parental involvement by staying up to date on what is happening in the classroom.
Tulsa Public Schools is committed to helping your child develop the academic knowledge and critical thinking he or she needs to succeed in school and beyond. As a result, these involvement opportunities empower parents to take action. By connecting parents to school officials, community members, other parents, knowledge, and powerful allies, these opportunities build bridges and networks that support schools and sustain whole communities.
WAYS to get involved at Hamilton
We have a new parent teacher organization this year! Currently, our PTA has already planned: 4 skate nights, 2 dances, a carnival, as well as many other exciting things for our school community. Membership is only $6/year. Please join to help support their work! Contact Nancy Riphahu at email@example.com to join our PTA.
Hamilton Elementary School Parent Involvement Policy
Hamilton Elementary School, supporting the purpose of Title I, Every Child Succeeds Act of 2001, strives to build a strong partnership bond between home, school, and community. The board believes that parent/responsible party involvement raises the academic achievement levels of students. Additionally, parents and responsible parties become empowered, teacher morale improves, and communities grow stronger when families take an active role in the education of their children. Activates to increase such involvement are an ongoing part of the Title I program. School, community and families will work together to provide quality learning experiences for every student, every day, without exception. To this end, schools shall involve parents in the education of their children of all grade levels. Superintendent or his/her designee shall provide coordination, technical assistance and other support necessary to assist all schools in the planning and implementing effective family involvement activities.
Building Parent/Responsible Party Capacity for Involvement
- Hamilton Elementary School shall create an environment of support and collaboration that fosters parent inclusion.
- Parent and Family activities shall be a portion of the site improvement plan.
- Hamilton Elementary School shall provide transition activities that connect pre-kindergarten, first and sixth grade.
- Hamilton Elementary School shall revise and amend the parent involvement policy annually.
- Hamilton Elementary will use evaluation findings and design strategies for improvement.
- Hamilton Elementary School will reserve not less than 1% of its Title I allocations to parental involvement activities.
- Hamilton Elementary School shall involve parents in the joint planning and design of its programs.
- Parents shall receive information in a timely manner and in a format that is understandable for all families. Information will be shared in a language that parents can understand. Additionally, Hamilton has interpreters that are available to translate when necessary. Hamilton will provide communication in the form of flyers of upcoming events, phone calls, School Connects telephone messages, and posting on School Wide Classroom DoJo.
- Hamilton Elementary School has a parent resource room complete with washer, dryer, student uniforms, personal hygiene items, emergency food pantry/backpack program, and parenting resources. The room is maintained for the use by outside agencies to offer family supportive groups as well.
- Hamilton Elementary School strives to incorporate diversity in our curriculum and instill pride in one’s heritage through the form of diversity support groups, student clubs, and cultural assemblies and highlighting particular months of heritage(s).
- Parents/responsible parties shall receive timely responses to their suggestions/concerns.
Hamilton Elementary School shall provide parental involvement activities including but not limited to:
- Back to School Night
- Reading Literacy Night(s)
- Pi (Math) Night
- STEM Night
- Muffins for Moms Photo Booth
- Donuts for Dads
- Parent Conferences
- (PTA) Skate Nights
- Grade Level Family Picnic
- 6th Grade Mentors
- Community Guest Speaker/Panel/Agency
District Involvement Information
- Stay Connected - TPS social media and smartphone app
- Tulsa Council of PTAs
- National PTA
- Booster Clubs/PTAs sanctioned organizations
- Parents as Teachers
- Student and Family Guide to Success (includes the Behavior Response Plan)
- Achieving. Classroom Excellence (ACE) Parental Curriculum Choice Letter
- Logrando la Excelencia en el Salón de Clases Carta hacia los Padres para la Selección de Currículo
- Parent Guide | Guía para Padres
- Parents Right To Know | El Derecho a Saber de los Padres
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Educational Surrogate Parents Program
- All students need parental support to succeed. The Educational Surrogate Parents Program responds to the need for support and representation of students with disabilities whose parents are not available. This program relies on the commitment of volunteers who support a student's education by advocating for him/her to ensure that the student receives a free and appropriate public education.
Hamilton Elementary School
2316 N. Norwood Pl.
Tulsa, OK 74115